The first in a long line of green smoothie recipes and still my fav! I prefer it with pineapple but you may prefer the green apple. Try it both ways and decide for yourself. Either way – YUM!!!!
- 2 handfuls fresh organic baby spinach/kale
- 1 4” piece peeled and chopped organic cucumber
- 1 stalk organic celery
- 1 handful fresh cilantro or mint
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 inch fresh-grated ginger
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks or a small green apple
- 1 cup pure water
- 1/2 – 1 cup ice (optional)
Either juice or blend all ingredients until they are liquified (a juicer that does not extract but retains the pulp/fiber is your best method).
Makes approximately 2 to 3 8-oz. servings. Store remaining juice in glass mason jar – top with lemon juice and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Schedule Your 20 Minute Appointment