Serves: 1 (trust me – make a pitcher!)
3 blackberries (fresh or frozen)
1 thin slice (1 inch) of fresh ginger
4 fresh mint leaves plus mint sprig for garnish
Fresh lime juice (1/2 large lime)
4 ounces ginger beer (yes – it’s not considered an alcoholic bev)
4 ounces club soda/mineral water
Wooden cocktail skewer
Fresh mint leaves
2 lime wedges
1 Combine berries, ginger and mint in copper mug and muddle for 1minute to infuse flavors then fill with ice.
2 Combine lime juice, ginger beer in a shaker full of ice.
3 Shake vigorously.
4 Strain into copper mug.
5 Top off with club soda.
6 Garnish with skewer of mint leaves and candied ginger, 2 floating lime wedges.
1/2 small lemon, juiced
1 t honey
2 dashes orange bitters
2 ounces ginger beer or ginger kombucha
1 orange peel
Muddle lemon juice, honey and bitters in the bottom of a glass. Add ice and ginger beverage and stir. Garnish with orange peel.
Wishing you all a new year filled with vibrant health and all that makes you smile. Here’s something that should put a smile on your face – it’s festive and fizzy and won’t make you dizzy!! 😉
1 rosemary sprig
1/2 cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, chilled
1/4 cup pure pomegranate juice, chilled
Mineral water, chilled
Bitters of choice (I like grapefruit) – optional
1 t pomegranate seeds
1 rosemary sprig
Chill a martini glass. In a cocktail shaker, muddle 1 rosemary sprig. Add ice, grapefruit and pomegranate juices and shake. Strain liquid into chilled martini glass. Top with mineral water and bitters (optional) to taste. Garnish with rosemary sprig and pomegranate seeds.
Protein Choices: (1 ounce = 7 grams)
- Wild cold water fish (salmon, haddock, halibut, cod, mackerel, sardines, wild shrimp)
- Lean poultry (organic, pasture-raised)
- Lean red meat (grass-fed beef, bison, venison)
- Grass-fed lamb
- Eggs (organic, omega-3, cage free, pasture-raised)
- WheyCool, PurePea, PurePaleo protein powder
- Kefir – (goat’s milk, organic, plain)
- Tempeh – organic (if vegan)
- Collagen peptides (Whole Body Collagen)
Fat Choices: (1 tsp.)
- Olives/olive oil
- Chia seeds/Flax seeds (ground) and oil
- Organic virgin coconut oil
- Grape seed oil
- Avocado/Avocado Oil
- Organic grass-fed ghee
- Raw unsalted nuts and seeds and nut butters (no peanuts)
Complex Carb Choices: (1/2 cup)
- Quinoa – limit
- Buckwheat – limit
- Black/brown rice – limit
- Yams/sweet potatoes
- Winter squash (acorn, butternut, spaghetti)
Fruits: (1 cup)
- All low-glycemic fresh and frozen fruits (no sugar added).
• All fresh and frozen veggies (no butter or salt).
- 1 cup Fresh-pressed watermelon juice
- 1/2 freshly-squeezed lime
- 1 shot good-quality tequila blanco
- 1 tsp St. Germain (elderflower liquor)
- 1 tsp chopped jalapeño pepper
- Tajin spice for rimming
- Lime slices for garnish
- Jalapeño slices for garnish
In a cocktail shaker, muddle jalapeño pepper and lime juice. Add ice, watermelon juice, tequila and St. Germain and shake. Rim cocktail glass with Tajin spice and fill with ice. Strain watermelon mixture into glass and garnish with lime slice and jalapeño if desired. For a mocktail just eliminate the tequila and St. Germain and add club soda.
True beauty is an inside job and this antioxidant-rich, collagen-boosting smoothie is an anti-aging rockstar that answers all your beauty and wellness needs and more!
8 ounces unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop Whole Body Collagen Peptides
1 scoop PaleoReds
1/2 cup frozen organic raspberries
1 t MCT oil (health food store)
2 fistfulls of raw organic baby spinach
Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. That’s it! Enjoy 🙂
These sweet and savory post-meal snacks will satisfy your sweet tooth without any sugary side effects. Now that’s a win-win!!
- 1 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, etc.)
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa or cacoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Stevia to taste (start with just a few drops, adding 1 at a time and tasting for desired sweetness)
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2-1 cup whole almonds/hazelnuts/pecans/walnuts
- 1/2-1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
Melt the nut butter and coconut oil in a saucepan. Add in the cocoa/cacoa powder, coconut flour and stevia and mix well until combined and smooth.
Pour mixture into a 8” x 8” square pan. Add nuts, coconut flakes and sea salt – dispersing evenly in pan and refrigerate until solid. Cut into squares, put in airtight container and store in refrigerator.
Serving size = 1 square after a meal. Maximum 3 squares/day.