- 1 cup Fresh-pressed watermelon juice
- 1/2 freshly-squeezed lime
- 1 shot good-quality tequila blanco
- 1 tsp St. Germain (elderflower liquor)
- 1 tsp chopped jalapeño pepper
- Tajin spice for rimming
- Lime slices for garnish
- Jalapeño slices for garnish
In a cocktail shaker, muddle jalapeño pepper and lime juice. Add ice, watermelon juice, tequila and St. Germain and shake. Rim cocktail glass with Tajin spice and fill with ice. Strain watermelon mixture into glass and garnish with lime slice and jalapeño if desired. For a mocktail just eliminate the tequila and St. Germain and add club soda.
True beauty is an inside job and this antioxidant-rich, collagen-boosting smoothie is an anti-aging rockstar that answers all your beauty and wellness needs and more!
8 ounces unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop Whole Body Collagen Peptides
1 scoop PaleoReds
1/2 cup frozen organic raspberries
1 t MCT oil (health food store)
2 fistfulls of raw organic baby spinach
Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. That’s it! Enjoy 🙂
These sweet and savory post-meal snacks will satisfy your sweet tooth without any sugary side effects. Now that’s a win-win!!
- 1 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, etc.)
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa or cacoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Stevia to taste (start with just a few drops, adding 1 at a time and tasting for desired sweetness)
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2-1 cup whole almonds/hazelnuts/pecans/walnuts
- 1/2-1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
Melt the nut butter and coconut oil in a saucepan. Add in the cocoa/cacoa powder, coconut flour and stevia and mix well until combined and smooth.
Pour mixture into a 8” x 8” square pan. Add nuts, coconut flakes and sea salt – dispersing evenly in pan and refrigerate until solid. Cut into squares, put in airtight container and store in refrigerator.
Serving size = 1 square after a meal. Maximum 3 squares/day.
Ionic Foot Detox Benefits
Ionic detoxification is a great adjunct to any wellness program, especially weight loss and detox programs. I have been using them personally and in my practice for the past year and have experienced many of the below benefits. Please contact me with any questions or to receive your complimentary session when booking a 1-hour Initial Consult, Tune-Up session or Detox Program. I promise you will be amazed!!! It’s a pretty gross experience to say the least but as I always say…”Better out than in!!!” Read on…
In a 2009 survey, 126 users of ionic detoxification systems were asked what specific health benefits they or their clients received from using ionic detox foot bath systems.Their answers included: pain relief (42), including less joint stiffness, less headaches, less knee pain, less foot pain, less general muscle pain and more, increased energy (29), improved sleep (23), improved digestion (10), toxin reduction (9), decreased swelling (9), circulatory system improvement (9), reduced weight (8), skin improvements (8), emotional improvements (5), respiratory improvements and much more.
Ionic detox has been known to:
- Remove toxins, free radicals and body waste products that can cause health problems (In an Aug. ’04 study by Carlos A. Lopez-Moreno, MD, there was a significant deposit of urea, creatinine and glucose in the foot basin in 12 patients with chronic illnesses.)
- In a 2008 study by Center for Research Strategies (crsllc.org), 31 participants underwent ionic detox two times per week for 12 weeks. The amount of aluminum and arsenic in their blood was measured before and after the 12 weeks. The average blood aluminum level decreased by 46% from 79.8 ppb (parts per billion) to 43.1 ppb. The average blood arsenic level decreased 24% from 4.6 ppb to 3.5 ppb.
- In a 2002 study by Doctor’s Data in St. Charles, IL, there was an average increase in toxic metals found in the foot basin from nine independent sessions. Here is a list of metals that increased in concentration: Copper: 905%, Aluminum 339%, Lead 233%, Iron 174%, Manganese 140%, Antimony 128%, Cadmium 119%
- Raise pH levels. Approximately 95% of people experience a state of acidity in which their blood pH is lower than 7.45, indicating an excess of hydrogen ions. This makes an ideal breeding ground for worms, parasites, microorganisms and other critters that lower body function and cause disease.
- Inactivate viruses, bacteria, yeast and fungus
- Relieve pain and tension including headaches
- Purify the blood and lymph
- Increase peripheral circulation
- Stimulate and balance the immune system
- Enhance nutrient absorption
- Reduce inflammation and unwanted fluid retention
- Help clear up skin
- Assist in weight loss
- Slow down aging and improve body flexibility
- Quicken recovery time from disease or injury
- Increase oxygen in the body
- Rejuvenate and energize your whole body
- Improve sleep
1. Be A Believer (most important) – If you don’t truly believe you can reach your goals (of any kind) you will not fully commit and any obstacle in your way will throw you off course. To build belief in yourself, I recommend visualizing yourself having reached your goal. Take a few moments to see yourself looking amazing and more importantly – really feeling what it feels like to get there. Do this short exercise daily – several times throughout the day is best and before you know it – you will be your biggest fan!!!
2. Keep Your Eye On The Goal – Ask yourself, “Does this behavior or food move me closer or farther away from meeting my goal?” This simple little exercise not only creates the pause often needed to avoid negative behaviors but also gives you a nice reality check!
3. Wellness Above Weight Loss – Instead of focusing on weight loss (such a downer!), focus instead on wellness (feeling great, increasing energy, being healthy) and weight loss will end up being a side effect of a greater goal.
4. Prepare Ahead – Preparation is always the key. Skipping this uber important preliminary first step will set you up for failure like nothing else! Prior to the new year, purge your cabinets of all unhealthy foods and restock with health promoting foods. Maybe even prepare some healthy meals and freeze them in portion size containers so that when the new year rolls around you are a step ahead!
5. Focus on what you can have rather than what you can’t. There’s nothing more depressing and “crave-producing” than thinking about all the foods that are not on your plan. It’s just a matter of time before you cave and give in to temptation. My advice is to flip this to focusing on all the delicious and healthy foods you can have instead – there are so many!!! All you need is a mind-set switch from depravation to decadence!.
6. Adopt The 80/20 Rule – It’s not about being perfect it’s about sustainability. Aiming for 100% with no wiggle room for fun is a recipe for failure. Giving yourself that 20% loophole is way more realistic and will result in keeping you on your game not throwing you off!
So, so, so festive and delish! A major crowd pleaser so double up and enjoy!
1/3 c red onion, diced small
1-2 jalapeno peppers, diced small
1 t coarse sea salt
4 ripe avocados, mashed coarsely
3 T lime juice
2 T fresh cilantro, diced small
3/4 c pear, diced small
3/4 c red grapes, quartered
1/2 c pomegranate seeds
Garnish: 1/4 c pomegranate seeds
Combine all ingredients and garnish with pomegranate seeds. Serve with cut up veggies and organic dipping chips.
Protein Choices: (1 ounce = 7 grams)
- Wild cold water fish (salmon, haddock, halibut, cod, mackerel, sardines, wild shrimp)
- Lean poultry (organic, pasture-raised)
- Lean red meat (grass-fed beef, bison, venison)
- Grass-fed lamb
- Eggs (organic, omega-3, cage free, pasture-raised)
- WheyCool, PurePea, PurePaleo protein powder
- Kefir – (goat’s milk, organic, plain)
- Tempeh – organic (if vegan)
- Collagen peptides (Whole Body Collagen)
Fat Choices: (1 tsp.)
- Olives/olive oil
- Chia seeds/Flax seeds (ground) and oil
- Organic virgin coconut oil
- Grape seed oil
- Avocado/Avocado Oil
- Organic grass-fed ghee
- Raw unsalted nuts and seeds and nut butters (no peanuts)
Complex Carb Choices: (1/2 cup)
- Quinoa – limit
- Buckwheat – limit
- Black/brown rice – limit
- Yams/sweet potatoes
- Winter squash (acorn, butternut, spaghetti)
Fruits: (1 cup)
- All low-glycemic fresh and frozen fruits (no sugar added).
• All fresh and frozen veggies (no butter or salt).
WOW!!!! Is all I can say about this spicy little bit of heaven on a plate!!! Serve alone or over Zoodles (Zucchini noodles) and enjoy every delectable bite of garlicky goodless!! Add a garnish of grape tomatoes and basil leaves and it makes the perfect festive holiday appetizer!
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
8 garlic cloves, crushed
1 t red pepper flakes
1 lb. unshelled shrimp (26 to 32 shrimp per lb.)
2 t sweet paprika
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
The zest and juice from 2 medium lemons
1/4 t coarse sea salt
1/4 t freshly ground pepper
Heat oil in large skillet on medium high heat. When hot, add garlic and cook quickly until slightly golden (be careful not to burn.) Add the red pepper flakes and the shrimp and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with paprika and continue to cook, stirring constantly for 30 more seconds. Add the wine, bring to boil and cook for 30 more seconds. Remove from heat, add parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature. *Shrimp can be made up to 1 day in advance and kept covered tightly and chilled. Serves 4
1 1/2 lbs. assorted raw nuts (cashews, brazil nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans, almonds)
2 Tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons organic dark brown sugar or granulated monk fruit sweetener
2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
1 tablespoon organic grass-fed butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread out nuts on a cookie sheet. Toast in the oven until they become light golden brown, about 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the rosemary, cayenne, brown sugar/monk fruit sweetener, sea salt, and melted butter. Thoroughly toss the warm toasted nuts with the spiced butter and serve warm. Can store in the refrigerator. Serving size: 1 oz