- Do you have hard to control food cravings?
- Do you have an allergy/sensitivity or craving for a specific food group?
- Do you have a large appetite at certain times during the day?
- Have you failed on 3 or more diets in the past?
- Do you have a family history of obesity?
- Are you under chronic stress?
- Do you get less than 7 hours of sleep 2 or more nights a week?
- Have you been diagnosed with hypothyroidism?
- Are you taking prescription medications?
- Are you sensitive to medications, smoke, chemicals or fumes?
- Is your fasting glucose > 75?
- Is your fasting insulin 7 or greater?
- Is your hemoglobin A1C > 5.0?
- Are your triglycerides > 100?
- Are your HDLs < 50? Is your triglyceride:HDL ratio >3.1
- Is your waist measurement > 35 (woman) or 40 (man)?
- Is your waist:hip ratio > 0.08 (woman) or 1.0 (man)?
- Is your body fat % > 32% (woman) or 22% (man)?
- Do you have a BMR 20% or more below normal? Take axillary temp. for 5 days in a row and take the average. Normal is 97.7
- Do you have low DHEA or testosterone levels?
If you answered yes to even ONE of the above questions, you have identified factors that can contribute to difficulty losing weight and especially losing body fat and maintaining/increasing LBM.
If you have answered yes to 3 or more then you are moderately weight loss resistant (WLR), and if you have answered yes to 5 or more, you are very WLR.
This means that you must address your WLR and fix the problems to ensure that you can have successful long-term weight management. Make an appointment today to get started.