- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds ( fresh or raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds in bag)
- 2 tablespoons melted organic butter (or olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons corse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Zero sweetener (erythritol)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
Scoop out the inside of your pumpkin, and separate seeds from pulp. Don’t worry if there’s a little pulp left on the seeds when you roast them—it only adds flavor. Just remove the biggest pieces so that the seeds are easy to toss.
In a bowl, toss the seeds with the melted butter/olive oil, coating thoroughly. Add salt, sweetener and seasonings.
Spread seeds in one even layer across a greased baking sheet (or you can use a cookie sheet covered in aluminum foil). Bake for 30 minutes, or until the seeds are golden brown. Stir the seeds every so often while they’re baking, so that they toast evenly.